Sunday, March 13, 2011

On the Flipside


One of the hardest things I had to do this past week was watch my brother walk away from me under the hazy lights outside of a motel. I got three amazing days of on and off goofy fun with him (he still had to work in the midst of our visit) and it was a gift. I was thankful for all of that time. I knew going into it that it was going to be extremely painful at the end of the trip. I tried to ignore it the whole time I was there with him that I was going to have to say goodbye.

Being on the base was another reminder of how much of a different world it is!

This is from Dunkin' Donuts after my parents and I went for a workout. Let me tell you running down a path with military vehicles flying by you on the highway slightly humorous.


It was a wonderful trip. It was filled with a lot of souvenir hunting and t shirt buying. Most of all it was fun hanging out with little bro!

This was my favorite item at the PX. I want one if I ever get an office job.

It's going to be a long year without him, but I know God is with him and I know He will teach us both amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment