Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mean Girls


I was reading my bible this morning. Truth be told I am in Romans when I should be in 1 Chronicles (the genealogies were killing me!) I have developed a new love for Paul. I listen to Matt Chandler of the Village church a lot (podcasts are awesome!) and he always says how excited Paul was for Jesus.

Pharisees: "We are going to put you in prison!"
Paul: "Jesus suffered and died for me so this is the least I can do!"
Townspeople: "We're going to stone you!"
Paul: "To die is gain!"

I thoroughly enjoy Paul's attitude and zeal for Christ. It convicts me about my own walk with God as well as encourages me. The fact that Paul had a thorn in his flesh also intrigues me. I'm walking through some really interesting "thorns" right now and so reading and learning from Paul who was in the midst of his "thorn" really helps me.

I was reading today about God's righteous judgment.

Romans 2:1-4
1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

Uh. Yeah. Now you're connecting the Mean Girl's poster to Paul. Thought I was crazy right? All I have to say is thank you Jesus for the gift of salvation and redemption, because I have done the judgment gift pretty much every day since I was born. This chapter hit me like a ton of bricks. I need to read Paul more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment