Friday, February 18, 2011

A Step Forward

I've shared my desire (and subsequent failure) at eating raw foods before, but now it looks like I am returning to the land of the hippies. I've struggled after my previous battle with POTS and nervous system drama to find my ideal weight. Looking back at my high school years I don't feel like I was there either. I ate pretty horribly then and when I was sick with POTS. Now it feels like a huge DUH! moment. I should be eating the natural medicine and nutrients that God gave us (this doesn't mean I don't crave a good cinnamon roll or Cardiac fries, which are delicious little morsels of fry with cheese, bacon, and ranch) and not like I used to. After being sick I was very rigid about what I ate...then college snuck up on me. I have been praying about where God wants me to be. The world's standard of a size 0 is probably not going to be me. I come from a line of women with some curve. All in all I struggle with the desire to fit into the world and the desire to follow after God.

Anyways! Long tangent to say that I will be doing a raw food cleanse for about two weeks to hopefully lose those pesky college pounds! I am following the guidelines from Penni Shelton's Raw Food Cleanse book. The recipes look yummy!

I am also excited and blessed to say I am training for a 5k happening in March! Wooohoooo. Well wooooohoo that i'm doing this, not so much the actual training part.

The treadmill and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate it until I can get it off. Then I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment